Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Letter to Father.

Almost Halfway with the book 'Letter to Father' by Franz Kafka. A mello message of a grown up boy to his dad, who appeared to him so tyrannical and omnipotent.


Reading this story brought me back to the moment, where I had my biggest fight with my dad. If I can recall right, I've been embarassed to my friends one night, cause he wanted me home at that instant when he called me. I remember walking in the streets real frustrated and ready to face him and tell him all my thoughts once and for all. I remember that I've never felt such anger in the past. I remember that  I felt like a bomb, who was ready to explode. When I got home I had nothing to say, I ran into my room and took a notebook and a pen and wrote down all my thoughts and feelings I had towards my dad into a long letter. The next day he spoke to me and told me that if I weren't gonna get my ass together,I'd had to leave my home. And of course as always, I had my ego above my thoughts, and so I left. My Bff took me in her house and I haven't been home for like 3 days if I remember right. I remember my mom calling and calling and begging me to get back home. After those 3 days of being alone and thinking, I did went home. After a whole week being at home, and not speaking with my dad not even looking at each other, my mom came to me real frustrated trying to persuade me to go talk to my dad, make things as it was before. But no, I had another perspective from my mom. She thought things were so simple, but to be honest it was not. I felt like I had to put some boundaries in everything in my life already. But after a week and a half, it was father's day and I remember that I woke up real early and drowned in thoughts. I wanted to feel like I defeated my dad, but in real, I did not. I got my strong ego from him , so its obvious I couldn't go againts him any longer. I was walking into the hall real slow and just went and hugged my dad and said Happy fathers day. It ay sound simple, but it was not. I felt like a stubborn child, finally getting her ass back together. I felt relieved but still furious at the same time for giving up. But then a moment came where I thought that, I have a lot of friends, who have no dad and only had their mom. Even how frustrated I was, thinking about this eased the pain and anger I felt.
Parents may be difficult sometimes, but parents are there to Love you. I love you Mom and Dad